The parallel consciousness of self and surroundings... is the key to transforming mentalities and reshaping societies.” -

Edouard Glisant


Sunday 12 January 2020

HEARTBREAK




I put out an alert on 'bush telegraph'.


A travel-weary mechanic just back from Zimbabwe arrived within hours. His name is Big Boy.


I drove him around the block to show him how the car farts and splutters.


He asked me to stop at the first tree so he could urinate. "It's burning," he explained.


As we proceeded down the oak-lined road, he pronounced forcefully: "Heart is breaking!"


I slammed on the breaks.


"I beg your pardon," I said, instinctively placing a protective hand over my achy-breaky heart.


"Cambelt! Cambelt!" he exploded, saliva spraying in all directions.


When I got home I had to lie down. I think I have post-traumatic stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment