The parallel consciousness of self and surroundings... is the key to transforming mentalities and reshaping societies.” -

Edouard Glisant


Wednesday 15 January 2020

DON'T KILL THE WEEDS - EAT THEM!


My friend Tony Lopes, about whom I wrote a blog about as far back as 2012 said it's time for me to educate myself about nutritious weeds.
So I now have Purslane( iGwanisha) growing prolifically in a pot on my patio. 


Apparently the leaves have more omega-3 fatty acids than any other leafy green plant and are also loaded with vitamins A, C, E and Coenzyme Q10. 


 This afternoon when I took my dogs for a walk I met a woman pulling out black jacks on the pavement. I told her the leaves are full of beta-carotene and vitamin E. She gave me a bag full to take home.Now I have to cook them!




No comments:

Post a Comment